I love using tv and the internet to supplement my homeschooling. I know many "homeschoolers" are anti-television but I am not one of them. Here is my list of favorites :)
1. Magic School Bus- sometimes these episodes are on TLC so I have my DVR set to record them whenever they happen to be on. Magic School Bus is also available on the internet if you don't have cable or a tv. Magic school bus focuses on teaching science.
2. Martha Speaks- I LOVE this show and actually enjoy watching it. It teaches children vocabulary words. My 4 year old Hannah has a huge vocabulary as a result of watching this program. This program is on PBS and also available on the internet.
3. Super Why- This is a good program for beginning phonic, it uses classic children stories which draw children right in. This program is also on PBS and available on the internet.
4. Curious George- This program teaches many thing, science, logic and mathematics. This program is also on PBS and available on the internet.
5. Cyber Chase- teaches more complex math problems for children to solve. This program is also on PBS and available on the internet.
With so many great educational shows on television, I try to limit my kids t.v. watching to these shows.