Thursday, February 17, 2011

What is Love?

Love is what you have when the feelings are gone...really...when you no longer have those butterflies or excitement....that's when love really kicks in.  When your kids are being bratty, when your spouse isn't measuring up to what you think they should be.  That's when love kicks in.

According to the 2 Corinthians 
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 

Love never fails if you believe the beginning of this passage, the patient, and kind part.  

When I was pregnant with my first son Ethan, I had only been married two years. I was sick as a dog, I was vomiting all the time, my face was covered in pimples, every bad thing that happens when a woman is pregnant happened to me.  I was a emotional mess, not very lovable.  I'm sure my husband Evan wanted to run away, far away.  But he didn't, he was patient, he was kind, he was protective, he was a perfect example of love.  He told me that someone had told him, what makes marriage special is the commitment, and he was and is committed to me.  That's what love is....

In life we can either look at each other's faults or treasure other people's good qualities.  I strive to focus on the positive and pray to "love" others the way my Savior has first loved me!

No comments:

Post a Comment