3 eggplant, peeled and sliced in 1/4"
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 Cup of Parmesan cheese
6 Cups of Spaghetti sauce, divided ( I like homemade)
1 (16 ounce) Package of mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 Cup of parmesan cheese (you need a total of 1 cup of the parmesan cheese)
- Sweat the 1/4" slices by sprinkling with sea salt and letting sit for 30 min.
- Rinse, pat dry with paper towel get good and dry
- Dip slices into beaten eggs then dip in a mixture of 3 Cup breadcrumbs and 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- Place on baking sheet coated with Extra Virgin Olive Oil then bake for 7 minutes at 450 degrees, flip and bake an additional 5-7 minutes depending on how crisp you like it.
- In a 9X13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheese. Sprinkle Basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven now turned down to 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.