Money Saving Mom did a great post on her blog this morning on priorities. So I decided to make my own list. Some of mine are the same and some of them are different.
1. Spending time reading my Bible and Praying....I want this to be my first priority but in all honesty I don't think it is, so I am going to make a conscious effort to make this the first thing I do.
2. My husband is my 2nd priority. I want to encourage him, show him that I appreciate him and the hard work he does everyday so support our family! I love what moneysavingmom said, " My goal is to flirt with my husband at least once a day". I also make his lunch, (he won't do this for himself so I do it) he eats much healthier if I pack it and it's a lot less money. Plus, it gets him home earlier because it takes longer to go out to lunch.
3. My Children- I am going to try to spend 15 minutes with each child individually everyday (yes, I also took this from moneysavingmom) easier said than done.
Scripture memorization which I use Seeds family worship music to do this, or make up my own little songs.
Teaching my kids to be kind to other people and to always watch out for the underdog.
I try to read to my kids at least 1/2 to 1 hour a day.
Teach them to do chores and be part of our family team.
Make sure I give them opportunities to socialize because I homeschool them.
4. Keeping my house relatively clean. I don't know about you but I feel really stressed out when my house is a mess. The way I do housework is the messiest place gets my attention. I haven't been able to come up with a schedule that I can stick to.
5. Paying off our mortgage. This is a big financial goal my husband and I have. I try to save money when I can but I don't obsess about it. My time is better spent saving on large items like insurance and cars than it is clipping coupons.
6. Exercising and eating healthy food.