Monday, November 28, 2011

Lindy's Soon to be Famous Pumpkin Bread

I love it when I have success in mixing different recipes and have AMAZING results.  I had run out of canned pumpkin and wanted to make some pumpkin bread.  I did have some canned Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix in the pantry so I figured I would go for it and see what happens.
It came out much better than the original recipe that I have been using.  So much better that I am blogging it so I don't forget what I did.

Lindy's Soon to be Famous Pumpkin Bread- Yes it's that good! click here for printable version

  • 15 ounces of Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix (It comes in 30 ounce cans)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt



Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease 2 7x3 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin pie mix, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
  3. Bake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven. 
  4. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment