Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How to get your kids reading.....and loving it!

I learned a trick from the guest blogger on the pioneer woman's website.  I require my kids to be in their rooms at a certain time but they are allowed to stay up later as long as they are reading books.  Children never want to go to bed so they stay up reading...it works wonders :)

Start the book by reading it together or listening to the audio.  Catch your child's attention and interest by introducing the story to them but let them finish it independently.

Have a time where you all read to yourselves.  Give everyone a book and enjoy.

Have a stack of books in your house for yourself.  If you don't have any books in your house to read...guess what you won't be reading anything.  (I read that on MoneySavingMom.com)

 This is my first year with a book list. I went to my favorite blogs and picked books they enjoyed and asked my friends.  I have a stack of books that I am really interested in and I have been reading much more.  I think having my kids see me enjoying books will influence my children's attitude towards reading.

1 comment: